Introducing the new and improved CM+ Series – the industry-leading, award-winning and worlds first combined ROSE and PICT Ionic Contamination Tester.
Although commonly referred to as "Cleanliness Testing", the Contaminometer is in fact a tool used to measure ionic contamination. This test method has, for over 40 years, been acknowledged as an important Quality Assurance and Process Control tool in the manufacture of electronic circuit boards, components and assemblies.
The Contaminometer (CM+ Series) system was originally developed by Protonique, the business of industry guru Brian Ellis. They also featured in the early development programmes of "cleanliness measurement" carried out by the US Department of Defense at China Lake in the 1970s. Historically, International Standard IPC-J-STD001 stated that assemblies be cleaned to a value of <1.5µg/cm2 of NaCl equivalence. However, the new design is linked to the introduction of the new process control metric introduced by Gen3 Systems: Process Ionic Contamination Testing. The CM+ Series measure the amount of ionic contamination in accordance with all existing test methods, often referred to as ROSE testing, as well as the new PICT test.
They have been designed to avoid polarisation effects between electrodes, as might occur when using DC test currents.
The Contaminometer series from Gen3 Systems come in 5 different models and 5 different tank sizes - when selecting a Test System, it is important to use the smallest possible tank size for the circuit under test.
All of the range utilise a solid gold test-cell, ballistic amplifiers and vigorous pumping systems to ensure superior measurement precision, even at very low conductivity values. PC based software is used to produce graphical test data, a pass/fail analysis and automatic hard copy print out using test methods according to the prevailing standards.
The new CM+ range includes the following:
CM11+, CM22+, CM33+, CM33L+, CM60 and CMBBT+.
- Six-Sigma (6σ) verified as a process control tool
- Complete testing cycle within only 3 minutes
- High fluid circulation rate, ensuring fast removal of ionic contaminants from PCBA whilst providing smooth, bubble-free circulation at all times
- Unique CURVE-FITTING Analysis algorithm (Merit of Fit) to predict results of longer tests
- Unique solid gold measuring cell, ballistic amplifier providing a test accuracy of <0.005mS/cm
- Accurate measurement, even when the proportion of test solution to surface area under test are huge
- CO2 compensation function, to remove any effects of atmospheric pollutions from contamination results
- Full regeneration in typically < 6 minutes
- New range of PCB/Component handling frames, with integrated draining system
- Measures in accordance with all international and MIL specifications old and new
- All CM+ systems have proven Gauge R&R (Repeatability and Reliability) of ~2%
- The CM+ Series systems provide far superior Accuracy, Sensitivity, Linearity, Precision and Repeatability
|CONTAMINOMETER™ SYSTEMS||TANK SIZE||TANK VOLUME||APPROX WEIGHT UNPACKED|
|CM11+ Bench-top system||250 x 300 x 36 mm
(~10" x 12" x 1.4")
|2.7 Litres||21 Kgs|
|CM22+||250 x 350 x 60 mm
(~10" x 14" x 2.4")
|5.25 Litres||60 Kgs|
|CM33+||500 x 350 x 60 mm
(~19.7” x 13.8” x 2.4”)
|10.5 Litres||85 Kgs|
|CM33L+||610 x 610 x 90 mm
(~24” x 24” x 3.6”)
|33.5 Litres||100 Kgs|
|CM60||500 x 350 x 60 mm
(~19.7" x 13.8" x 2.4")
|10.5 Litres||110 Kgs|
|CM BBT+||610 x 610 x 18 mm
(~28.1” x 26.2” x 1.2”)
|14.27 Litres||75 Kgs|
The CM+ Series includes a range of tools and accessories that fully equip the user with all necessary items to perform Contamination Testing (all included as standard with the system). All tools can be ordered on an individual basis, and can be retro-fitted to our original CM Series.
Within our comprehensive Accessories Kit:
- Hydrometer (for either 75:25 or 50:50 IPA:DI Water mixtures)
- Cleaning Brush
- Fluid Dispenser
- ESD Wrist Strap
- Steel Ruler
- Claw Pick-up Tool
- CM+ Software Disc
- Fluid Draining Tool
Our range of PCB and Component Handling Frames are an effective tool in providing quick and reliable insertion, drainage and removal of boards from the Test chamber during the testing procedure.
They compromise an Electropolished Stainless Steel frame that includes wire supports for larger boards and a mesh basket for smaller boards and components.
Rotating draining arms allow the frame to rest on the tank edge once testing is complete so that the test solution can drain off of the test piece and back into the test chamber.
Maximum PCB Sizes
- CM22+ H: 330mm x W: 225mm x D: 33mm
- CM33+ H: 480mm x W: 325mm x D: 33mm
- CM33L+ H: 590mm x W: 585mm x D: 63mm
- CMBBT H: 645mm x W: 645mm x D: 7mm